Urgent Need For Abu Dhabi (UAE)
Agreement: 2 Years
Duty Time: 8 Hours
Age Limit: 21 To 38 Years
Salary: 1240 DHs
A tile mason, also known as a tile setter or tile installer, is a skilled tradesperson who specializes in the installation, repair, and maintenance of various types of tiles. Tile masons work with ceramic, porcelain, glass, natural stone, and other materials to create durable and aesthetically pleasing tile surfaces in residential, commercial, and industrial settings.
The job of a tile mason typically involves the following responsibilities:
- Tile Installation: Tile masons measure and prepare surfaces, including floors, walls, and countertops, for tile installation. They cut and shape tiles according to specific measurements and layout plans. Tile masons apply adhesives, mortars, or grout to secure tiles in place, ensuring proper alignment and spacing.
- Surface Preparation: Before tile installation, tile masons prepare surfaces by cleaning, leveling, and repairing them. They remove existing flooring or wall coverings, repair any damaged surfaces, and apply appropriate underlayment or waterproofing materials as needed.
- Tile Cutting and Shaping: Tile masons use various tools, such as tile cutters, wet saws, and grinders, to cut and shape tiles to fit specific spaces or design patterns. They may also need to make precise cuts around obstacles like pipes or electrical outlets.
- Grouting and Sealing: Once the tiles are installed, tile masons apply grout between the tiles, ensuring even and consistent coverage. They clean excess grout from the tile surfaces and use sealants to protect the tiles and enhance their durability and appearance.
- Tile Repair and Maintenance: Tile masons may be called upon to repair or replace damaged or worn-out tiles. They assess the extent of the damage, remove the affected tiles, and install new tiles to restore the surface to its original condition. They may also perform routine maintenance tasks, such as resealing grout lines or replacing cracked tiles.
- Quality Control: Tile masons are responsible for ensuring the quality and integrity of their work. They inspect completed tile installations for accuracy, proper alignment, and overall appearance. They also follow industry standards, building codes, and safety regulations to ensure compliance.
- Collaboration and Communication: Tile masons often work closely with other construction professionals, such as architects, designers, contractors, and homeowners. They may need to communicate project requirements, provide input on tile selection and design, and collaborate on achieving desired outcomes.
Overall, a tile mason combines technical skills, creativity, and attention to detail to transform surfaces with tiles, creating functional and visually appealing spaces. They must have knowledge of different tile materials, installation techniques, and tools, as well as the ability to interpret design plans and work independently or as part of a team.
How To Apply:
Address: Office No 3, 2cnd Floor, Khainger Building, GT Road, Sohawa Jhelum.
Contact No: 0307-8176150/0544-710261