Urgent Need For Saudi Arabia
Duty Time: 8 Hours
Salary: 1000 SD
A concrete laborer, also known as a concrete worker or concrete construction laborer, is responsible for assisting in the preparation, placement, and finishing of concrete structures. They work under the direction of skilled concrete workers and perform a variety of tasks to support the concrete construction process. Here’s a job summary for a concrete laborer:
- Concrete Preparation: Concrete laborers assist in the preparation of construction sites for concrete work. This includes tasks such as clearing debris, digging trenches, setting up formwork, and installing reinforcing steel bars (rebar) as per specifications.
- Concrete Mixing: Concrete laborers may be involved in the mixing of concrete materials. They measure and combine cement, sand, aggregates, and water in appropriate proportions, using hand tools or small-scale concrete mixers.
- Concrete Placement: Once the concrete is ready, laborers help with the placement of concrete into forms or molds. They assist in pouring concrete, spreading it evenly, and consolidating it using tools like rakes, shovels, and trowels.
- Formwork Installation and Removal: Concrete laborers participate in the setup and removal of formwork, which is the temporary structure that holds the concrete in place until it sets. They assemble, position, and secure the forms, ensuring they are aligned and level. After the concrete cures, they remove the formwork carefully to avoid damaging the newly formed structure.
- Finishing and Surface Treatment: Concrete laborers contribute to the finishing of concrete surfaces. They may assist in using tools such as floats, trowels, and brushes to smooth and shape the concrete, achieving the desired texture and appearance. They may also apply surface treatments like sealants, curing compounds, or coatings as required.
- Concrete Repair and Maintenance: Concrete laborers may be involved in repair and maintenance tasks for existing concrete structures. This can include patching cracks, chipping away damaged concrete, and applying appropriate repair materials.
- Equipment and Tool Operation: Concrete laborers operate a variety of hand tools, power tools, and equipment necessary for concrete work. This can include concrete saws, jackhammers, vibrators, and concrete pumps. They should follow safety protocols and maintain equipment in good working condition.
- Cleanup and Site Maintenance: After concrete placement and finishing, laborers are responsible for cleaning up the work area and removing debris, excess concrete, or construction waste. They ensure that the job site is organized and safe, maintaining a clean and tidy work environment.
- Safety Compliance: Concrete laborers must adhere to safety guidelines and regulations to ensure a secure work environment. They should use personal protective equipment (PPE) such as hard hats, safety glasses, gloves, and steel-toed boots. They should also be aware of potential hazards, follow safe work practices, and report any safety concerns.
- Collaboration and Communication: Concrete laborers work as part of a team, collaborating with other construction professionals, such as concrete finishers, concrete masons, and supervisors. They should communicate effectively, follow instructions, and contribute to a productive and harmonious work environment.
It’s important to note that specific responsibilities may vary depending on the construction project and the employer. Concrete laborers may work on various types of projects, including residential, commercial, and infrastructure construction.
How To Apply:
Address: Multi Professional Manpower Services, Office No 4-B, 1st Floor Al Shafa Plaza 78/A Satellite Town 6th Road Rawalpindi.
Contact No: 0333-5754599/0300-5015506/ Tel: 051-4933187