Urgent Need For UAE
Agreement: 2 Years
Age Limit: 21 To 39 Years
Duty Time: 8 Hours
Salary: 1050 DHs
A steel fixer, also known as a reinforcing ironworker or rod buster, is a skilled construction worker who specializes in the placement and fixing of steel bars or reinforcement in concrete structures. They play a vital role in ensuring the strength and integrity of reinforced concrete projects. Here is a summary of the typical responsibilities, skills, and qualifications associated with a steel fixer job:
- Interpretation of Drawings: Read and interpret construction drawings, blueprints, and specifications to understand the required placement and arrangement of steel reinforcement.
- Steel Cutting and Bending: Measure, cut, and shape steel bars using various tools and equipment, such as shears, torches, or hydraulic benders, according to the project requirements.
- Installation and Placement: Position and secure steel bars or mesh in concrete forms, using wire, clamps, or other fastening methods, ensuring they are correctly aligned and adequately supported.
- Bar Splicing and Joining: Overlap or connect steel bars using welding, tying, or mechanical splicing techniques to create a continuous and structurally sound reinforcement system.
- Concrete Pouring Support: Coordinate with concrete workers to ensure proper positioning and support of steel bars during concrete pouring, preventing displacement or damage.
- Inspection and Quality Control: Conduct regular inspections to verify the correct placement, alignment, and anchoring of steel reinforcement, ensuring compliance with engineering specifications and standards.
- Safety Compliance: Adhere to safety protocols, including wearing personal protective equipment (PPE), utilizing fall protection systems, and maintaining a clean and organized work area.
- Steel Fixing Techniques: Proficiency in steel cutting, bending, tying, and splicing techniques to accurately install steel reinforcement as per project requirements.
- Blueprint Reading: Ability to understand and interpret construction drawings, symbols, and specifications related to steel reinforcement placement.
- Measurement and Calculation: Strong mathematical skills to measure and calculate dimensions, lengths, and quantities of steel bars needed for a project.
- Attention to Detail: Meticulousness in ensuring the correct alignment, placement, and support of steel bars to meet structural and engineering standards.
- Hand and Power Tools: Familiarity with various hand tools, such as pliers, cutters, and benders, as well as power tools like grinders and welding equipment.
- Physical Stamina: Ability to handle physically demanding tasks, including lifting heavy steel bars, working in confined spaces, and performing repetitive movements.
- Teamwork and Communication: Effective communication and collaboration skills to work closely with other construction professionals and follow instructions.
- Experience: Prior experience as a steel fixer or in a related construction role is typically preferred, although some employers may provide on-the-job training.
- Knowledge of Codes and Standards: Familiarity with local building codes, construction practices, and industry standards related to steel reinforcement in concrete structures.
- Safety Training: Completion of safety training programs, such as OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) certifications or similar, to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Physical Fitness: Possessing the strength and agility to handle the physical demands of the job, including lifting heavy loads and working in challenging environments.
Please note that the specific requirements and job responsibilities of a steel fixer may vary depending on the construction project, location, and employer.
How To Apply:
Address: Union Man Power Services, C/1-83 Block C Satellite Town Rawalpindi.
Contact No: 051-4927056/0300-5691948/0300-5008540.