Urgent Need For UAE
Agreement: 2 Years
Duty Time: 8 Hours
Age Limit: 21 To 39 Years
Salary: 1150 DHs
A mason, also known as a bricklayer or stonemason, is a skilled construction worker who specializes in the construction, repair, and restoration of structures using materials such as bricks, stones, concrete blocks, and other masonry units. They play a crucial role in the building industry, contributing to the creation of various architectural structures. Here is a summary of the typical responsibilities, skills, and qualifications associated with a mason job:
- Masonry Construction: Constructing walls, foundations, floors, and other structures by laying bricks, stones, or other masonry units in a precise and structurally sound manner.
- Mortar Mixing: Preparing mortar by combining cement, sand, and water in appropriate proportions to create a strong adhesive for bonding masonry units.
- Layout and Measurement: Measuring and marking guidelines on surfaces to ensure accurate placement and alignment of masonry units.
- Cutting and Shaping: Using tools such as saws, chisels, or power tools to cut, shape, or trim masonry units to fit specific dimensions or design requirements.
- Jointing and Finishing: Applying mortar between masonry units, leveling surfaces, and finishing joints to achieve a uniform and aesthetically pleasing appearance.
- Restoration and Repair: Assessing and repairing damaged or deteriorated masonry structures, including replacing damaged units, repointing mortar, or restoring decorative elements.
- Reading Blueprints: Interpreting construction drawings and blueprints to understand project specifications, dimensions, and layout requirements.
- Safety Compliance: Adhering to safety protocols, including wearing personal protective equipment (PPE), utilizing fall protection systems, and maintaining a clean and organized work area.
- Masonry Techniques: Proficiency in various masonry techniques, including bricklaying, stonework, or blockwork, with a strong focus on precision and attention to detail.
- Construction Knowledge: Understanding construction principles, materials, and techniques relevant to masonry work.
- Tools and Equipment: Familiarity with hand and power tools used in masonry, such as trowels, levels, masonry saws, and mortar mixers.
- Physical Stamina: Possessing the physical strength and endurance to handle heavy materials, perform repetitive tasks, and work in various weather conditions.
- Problem-Solving: Ability to troubleshoot issues related to alignment, stability, or aesthetics and make adjustments or recommendations accordingly.
- Communication: Effective communication skills to collaborate with other construction professionals, read and understand project instructions, and work as part of a team.
- Experience: Prior experience as a mason or in a related construction role is typically preferred, although some employers may provide on-the-job training.
- Trade Certification: Obtaining a trade certification or apprenticeship completion in masonry or a related field may be required in some regions.
- Physical Fitness: Possessing the strength and agility to handle the physical demands of the job, including lifting heavy loads and working in challenging environments.
- Safety Training: Completion of safety training programs, such as OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) certifications or similar, to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Knowledge of Codes and Standards: Familiarity with local building codes, construction practices, and industry standards related to masonry construction and repairs.
Please note that the specific requirements and job responsibilities of a mason may vary depending on the construction project, location, and employer.
How To Apply:
Address: Union Manpower Services, C/1-83 Block C, Satellite Town Rawalpindi
Contact No: 051-4927056/0300-5691948/0300-5008540.